Tuesday, October 12, 2010

a bite... of the bay

As I'm getting ready to post my second recipe (yay!), I notice it too is a sea food recipe...

for my non-sea food lovers:  I apologize... I promise the next one won't be!

As I make my way home from a long day, I made a stop at the local grocery store near by.
Trying to get inspired for dinner time, I walked by the proteins and wandered into the sea food section.

My eyes were drawn to the scallops... immediately I thought PASTA!!! (carbs... love/hate relationship).

Seared Scallops over linguine pasta.

I hope you enjoy making it!!!


Seared Scallops in a garlic, white wine and butter sauce over Linguine 
Yields 4 portions


  • 1lb of bay scallops (if not available, any type of scallops should be fine)
  • 1Tps oil
  • salt -to taste
  • black pepper-to taste
  • 2 cups of flower
  • 6 oz of butter
  • 1/4 cup of white wine
  • Juice of 1/2 of  Lemon (adjust to taste)
  • 6 cloves of garlic- minced
  • 1/4 cup of cilantro- minced
  • 1/4 cup of parsley-minced
  • 13.5 Oz box of Linguine (regular or whole grain
  1. In a pot, boil  4 quarts or 1 gallon of water
  2. once water is at a boil, add raw noodles and cook until aldente (heres a trick, if you think the noodles are done, throw it at the wall and if its done, it should stick to it!)
  3. the scallops, season with salt and black pepper
  4. toss in flour, pat off excess flour
  5. in hot pan, add oil and butter - add minced garlic
  6. add to this the scallops
  7. turn over when golden in color
  8. add white wine- let it simmer for about 5 minutes 
  9. add lemon juice
  10. add salt and pepper to taste- this is also a time to add more butter if you need more sauce
  11. add minced cilantro and parsley- toss well to incorporate all components in pan
  12. serve drained noodles on plate as desired- top with 1/4 of scallops along with sauce
  13. Enjoy!!!



7 comments:

  1. It's a winner recipe! Can't wait to make it!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scallops! Reminds me of "Hell's Kitchen" and the episode from last week. I would like to try this and hopefully not get an allergic reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful!! But please wander into a non-seafood recipe next post ok?? Other than that, love this! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this template is awesome yaya! good job. I'm proud of you! <3

    As for the recipe, why make it when I have you to make it for meeee :) hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing! I want a taste test on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds awesome...this is a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yayita, put more recipes, I'm making the pasta as we speak. I want more ideas!!! =)

    ReplyDelete