Monday, August 15, 2011

Shrimp Scampi

Hello Everyone!
I Hope all finds you well!!!
I'm happy to be writing right now, I know it has been a while since I last posted a blog.
There has been a lot going on with my career and it has been keeping me busy, However I do enjoy Blogging and sharing my kitchen with you.. From my heart to your table <3

On my last blog I had a Poll asking you to vote for the next recipe that would be posted... out of 4 choices Shrimp Scampi WON the most votes :)

This recipe is a simple yet DELICIOUS!!!

Try it out! Feel free to leave feedback, i really appreciate it :)



Shrimp Scampi over Wheat Pasta
  • 1 lb of Raw de-vained,peeled shrimp, tail on
  • 10 oz of unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup of fresh  lemon
  • 1/4 cup of white wine , ( make sure its a dry wine, you don't want a sweet after taste on this)
  • 6 large garlic cloves- peeled , minced
  • 1/4 cup fresh Oregano- minced
  • 1/4 cup fresh Thyme- minced
  • 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley- minced
  • 1/4 cup Chives- chopped
  • Salt
  • Black pepper

  1. Rinse your shrimp and set in the refrigerator
  2. mince all of your herbs, garlic and set aside
  3. have your wine and all the ingredients ready , this will go fast
  4. if you want to have this over pasta of your choice, make sure that is done prior to cooking the shrimp
  5. in a large sauce pan start melting the butter ( make sure you're doing it on low-heat this way you can avoid browning  or burning it, that will give it a bitter taste)
  6.  once your butter is melted add Garlic, right away once you start smelling the garlic add wine, lemon juice and cook between 4-6 minutes on lo-med heat
  7. add shrimp, half of your herbs  herbs, salt and pepper and saute this for about 3 minutes, so you wont overcook the shrimp, they will become rubbery.
  8. plate over the pasta of your choice, top with minced herbs, ENJOY!!!









6 comments:

  1. Amazing!!!!!!! Aaaahh!!! Now I know where to go for recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had the pleasure of eating your shrimp scampi love ad it was DELICIOUS. Easily one of the most memorable pasta dishes I've had!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm that last comment was from me, Lorena, hubby was signed in and I didn't notice =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks GOOD!!! I sooo need to try this one. :)

    ReplyDelete